size="3" face="ＭＳ ゴシック">The 2nd
Asian Fishing Cup 2004 Taiwan
By organizing the Asian Fishing Cup 2004, the global
celebration for the entire fishing loving population,
event aims at enhancing the skills and methods of angling
through the cultural exchange of sport fishing among
nations of the world, uplifting the dignity of anglers,
establishing the fishing as the sports of all humankind.
further to serve the realization of the world peace.
2. Host country :Taiwan
Host: World Sports Fishing Federation
Organizer: World Sports Fishing Federation Taiwan
Co-host Organization: Government of The Republic
All Taiwanese Council of Angler's Club
3. Participating nations:
Over 20 WSFF member nations which include Korea, Japan,
China, Philippines and Thailand among others.
October 20 - 24 2004
October 20 (Wednesday): Contestants and Officials
Opening ceremony and Reception party.
October 21 (Thursday): Trial Fishing and the
International Convention (for Official
October 22 (Friday): Semi Finals and Final,
Award Ceremony and Closing Session
October 23 (Saturday): Sight-seeing and Preparation
October 24 (Sunday) : Departure
Six cities and counties within Taiwan.
1, Contestants from Asian countries are invited to
tournament, and other nations have the opportunity
the representatives to the international convention.
persons for each country.)
2. Maximum number of contestants for each of 5 tounament
Flesh water fishing: 16
Surf Casting: 15
Boat Fishing: 10
Long Casting: 5
Please send in the following documents before August
◇ Photo and Complimentary Messege by the head of the
(English and Native tongue)
◇ Photo and Application Form of each contestant and
offical/staff (Englishg and Native tongue)
◇ Scheduled Date and Time of Arrival, and the Flight
The host country will be responsible for the accommodation
domestic transportation expenses during the period
of the event,
but the participants must pay for their round-trip
tickets in and
fro between the home country and Taipei.
8. Tournament Rules:
1) The locations for the tournaments will be discussed
determined by the host country and WSFF headquarters.
2) The time to start and end the games will be discussed
determined by the host country and WSFF headquarters
taking the various conditions into consideration.
3) The objective fishes for the tournaments will be
and determined by the host country and WSFF headquarters.
4) The fishing gears must be prepared by the participants.
5) The tournaments are fought in 5 categories of Flesh
fishing, Surf Casting, Boat Fishing, Long Casting
6) The baits and chums are provided by the organizing
7) Other detailed tournament rules are discussed and
among the officials from the participating countries.
9. Judgment Regulations
1) Winnera are determined by the total weight of objective
(two kinds of species).
2) Individulal winners are determined, not regarding
according to the invidivual achivement among all the
3) Nation-to-nation group winners are discussed and
by the host county and WSFF headquarters.
4) The winners of Trolling category are determined
by the size of
the largest fish. When the size is equivalent, the
compared, and when the weights are the same, the players
caught first will win.
5) When a playerhas violated the tournament rules,
becomes disqualified and also loses the right to take
part in the next
1) Individual Prize for each category:
Champion:US$10,000 and trophy
2nd place :US$5,000 and trophy
3rd place :US$ 2,000 and trophy
2) Group prize for each category:
1st, 2nd,and 3rd : Trophy
All contestants are presented hats, towels, outfits
◇ Order of Ceremonies
1. Opening Events
Ⅰ. Opening Ceremony
- Opening Message
- Salute to the natinal flag
- Introduction of Guests
- Opening Address
- Welcome Address
- Opening Declaration
- Fair Play Pledge
- Introduction of Congulaturatory Cables
Ⅱ. Welcome Performances
2. Award Ceremony and Closing Session
- Introduction of the guests
- Announcement of the Tournament Results
- Closing Address
- Farewell Address
- Award Ceremony
- Announcement on the venue of the next event
- Closing Declaration